The horticulture industry is growing rapidly. With the increase in population and health awareness, more and more people are looking for healthy vegetation. Moreover, farming technology is also changing to produce sustainable products even in adverse weather conditions. Today, vegetables, flowers that were seasonal are available in all seasons. Thanks to the process of greenhouse farming. However, unlike the traditional approach of making a greenhouse with glass, farmers and agriculturists are using polypropylene films today. This type of greenhouse film is getting popular day by day due to various benefits. Let us discuss them a bit so that one can understand them before using them.
- Better temperature management – The Clear, white, or green greenhouse films are ideal for maintaining the temperature inside the greenhouse. With better heat retention properties, the films can keep the plants lively. Unlike the traditional glass material that breaks easily at times, these films are durable and easy to replace.
- Much more durable – The greenhouse sheets made from polyethylene are much more durable than traditional ones. They are much cheaper, naturally pliant, and do not brittle. Thus the plastic greenhouse film is more robust and can even withstand rough weather conditions like hailstorms, greenhouse film flying debris, or falling rocks. As a result, the workers inside the greenhouse work with more confidence forgetting the injuries, unlike working inside a traditional glass greenhouse.
- Easy to use and maintain – The film is easy to use and maintain. It is incredibly lightweight, and one does not need a heavy structure to carry the weight of the film, unlike the traditional materials. Furthermore, as the film is flexible, it can be bent in various shapes according to its purpose, and they infrequently need replacement. Thus the maintenance cost is reduced to a much extent.
- Perfect for UV protection and light diffusion –The flow of sunlight is most vital for the plants growing inside the greenhouse. The plants should get an ideal amount of the same to thrive.
The material used in the greenhouse film protects the pants from the harmful UV rays and diffuses the light inside every area of the greenhouse. One should always use a film having a thickness between 80 to 200 microns and UV resistivity lasting for six months to 4 years. As the film is U treated, light radiation is better inside the greenhouse than the glass materials.
- Extends the growing season – As already described, people look for the same vegetables, fruits, and flowers throughout the season. Therefore, as a farmer or horticulturist, one can extend the yield season to a maximum using these films for their greenhouse. Thus, multiple cropping is possible inside the greenhouse, and one can reap more profits growing plants and vegetables even in extreme weather conditions.
- Customizable – As the best manufacturer like Singhal Industries Pvt. Ltd. or others use a variety of high-grade polymers to make these films; they can be more durable, flexible, and customizable. The experts of the best greenhouse film manufacturer may visit your site if required to understand your need and suggest the best solution so that you can grow plants maintaining sufficient light, temperature, moisture and humidity inside the greenhouse. One can use a single or a double layer as per need and recommendations by the experts.
- Easy to install: The polymer films are incredibly lightweight and easy to install and construct the greenhouse. A light structure can withstand the weight of the polymer sheets, unlike the glass greenhouse, which needs a heavy frame and is difficult to maintain. One can get the sheets in various lengths and widths, and the best manufacture even gives customizable solutions for specific needs.
Getting the films
One can search the internet, ask other fellow users, read the online reviews, select the best manufacturer, and seal the deal. One should choose a manufacturer using non-toxic materials as much of the time will be spent inside the greenhouse, and toxic materials can be harmful to the workers and the plants in the long run. Using the films can help protect the plants from pests, and almost no pesticide is used to grow them. Thus one can get healthier yield farming inside the greenhouse even off-season. In addition, the best film protects the plants from pest attacks.
The techniques of farming have changed over time. Today cultivators and farmers look for more yields that are healthy and can grow in all seasons. The concept of greenhouse farming is snowballing, and more and more cultivators are adopting this technique. It may be the hot desert or the snow-capped mountains; farming can be done efficiently inside a greenhouse if proper covering material is used. The polymer films from the house of the best manufacturer can be used for this purpose. It is time to grow plants in a healthy atmosphere and reap more profits.