Geo textile bags are made of permeable fabrics which are usually associated with soil and constitute the ability to separate drain, filter, protect as well as reinforce. These bags are purely made from polyester or polypropylene. They are available in three forms such as heat bonded, woven as well as needle punched.
After the introduction of Geo textile composites, multiple products like meshes as well as geogrids have been developed. Geo textile bags possess high durability and the materials in them are regarded as geosynthetics.
Each of its configurations includes geotextile tubes, geonets, geogrids as well as geosynthetic clay liners. It yields massive benefits in both environmental engineering and Geo technical design.
How many types of Geotextile bags are there?
The Singhal Industries Pvt Ltd manufactures the finest quality geo sandbags and geotextile bags. They have a wide range of applications for various purposes. These bags constitute a strong protection layer that raises the resistance of UV and also protects from any further damages.
Geotextile Bags are considered as soil containers which are generally in the form of bags made of either non-woven fabric or geotextile woven. These bags are recognised by multiple names such as geotextile sand container, bag, woven/non-woven geo bag as well as geotextile bag.
The Geo textile bag manufacturer is made in two of the mentioned ways:-
- Woven geotextile fabrics: These bags are produced by either interlacing flat or rounded strands of different materials at the right angles.
- Non-woven geotextile fabrics: These bags are purely made by needle-punching where fibrous webs are pushed by barbed needles of different materials continuously. This repetitive action facilitates the creation of permeable textiles which is also regarded as filter textiles.
What are some of the functions of Geo textile bags?
The finest quality geo bags are properly sewn and are filled with soil. They are also regarded as a prime substitute for conventional marine protection material. They also constitute good strength and have a longer life span. The following aspects have made the demand for geo bags even higher.
Some of the functions are as follows:-
- Separation of different layers of materials as well as keeping them from disintegration or sinking into each other.
- Reinforcement of earthen structures such as dikes as well as drains by holding multiple layers in a place.
- Draining the areas of water pools by keeping the soil in its proper place.
- Protection and establishing guard against erosion in various places such as beaches and roads.
- Serve as the most effective filters which would catch different materials for prevention of drains from clogging.
- Such functions make geotextile fabrics advantageous in different industries such as civil engineering and construction.
Geotextile bags are widely available in the size ranging from 1mtr – 0.7 meters. They can be used in the breakwater, riverbank as well as beach protection.
What are the different advantages of geotextile bags?
The advantages of geotextile bags are multitudes. Some of them are as follows:-
Geotextiles promote the prevention of two layers of the soil of a wide range of particle sizes from mixing with other layers.
Geosand bags are recognised for providing ideal protection from erosion of repeated drawdown, wave action as well as wave current. It is easy to place a layer of geotextiles for the prevention of the leaching of quality material. This serves the best purpose for mattress structures or rock beaching. Placing them underwater can also be done conveniently.
They possess the ability for collecting superfluous water from structures like surplus or rainwater from the fertile soil and discharge it.
These are considered suitable interfaces for reversed filtration in the soil which is adjacent to the geotextile. In every type of soil, fine particles are allowed by soil to move properly.
Heavy Geo textiles are often used for reinforcing earth structures for filling materials. Due to the higher coefficient of soil fabric friction as well as higher tensile strength, they are considered suitable for reinforcement solutions.
What are its specifications?
Below mentioned are some of the specifications of Geo textile bags:-
- Material: Woven/ non-woven geo bags with the help of meltdown extrusion of fabric procedure.
- Standard size: Its stationary size ranges from 1.03 meters – 0.7 meters.
- Storage Capacity: The storage capacity is 126 kg and its size can be adjusted according to the requirements of clients.
These are available in different sizes for meeting the unique specifications of clients.
What are the applications of Geo textile bags?
Some of the applications Geo textile bags are mentioned below:-
- Offshore breakwater
- Environmental protection
- Construction of wetland
- Agricultural engineering
- Conservation of water
- Coastal Reclamation
- Control of erosion
- Protection from flood
- Garden scape
- Slope protection
- River engineering
These applications are some of the popular ones which are facilitated by Geo textile bags.