The primary use of the High-Density Polyethylene HDPE root barrier is in different landscaping projects. You will find such barriers on the roadsides, sidewalks, and even beside buildings and pipelines. It acts like a physical and long-lasting barrier due to HDPE’s high flexibility and durability.
This defense mechanism restricts root growth by preventing cell division in them. It is also a safe and eco-friendly way to avoid damage to the foundation by roots without harming the environment or the surrounding fauna.
A Strong Wall for Fortification
These root barriers are not just barriers. They are strong underground walls that fortify sensitive areas by blocking the roots of the trees and preventing damage to the underground sewage, ducts, pipes, and cables.
The impermeability of the HDPE root barrier sheet prevents the roots from penetrating it and causing potential hazards due to disruptions. The material is impact and abrasion-resistant. It also prevents the rodents and microorganisms in the soil from causing damage to its surface.
Ideally, the design of these barriers mainly serves the purpose of preventing the uncontrolled spreading of the roots of trees and being invasive, jeopardizing the structural integrity of buildings, underground utilities, and pavements.
In short, the barrier diverts the root growth to prevent any potential damage to different objects in the sensitive areas. It forces the roots to grow down and deeper into the ground. It also prevents the more extensive and more calamitic roots from developing and flourishing.
In addition, the HDPE root barriers also help in preserving moisture in the soil by preventing seepage. The barrier bends the roots so that they do not sponge away the water from the soil around the structures, preventing it from any harm.
With such diverse capabilities, these root barriers are used in several applications, such as:
- The bioswales
- Building Construction
- Water-resistant cut-off walls and
- Hardscape and landscape protection.
The HDPE root barriers also help prevent contamination migration and make the clay foundation less reactive by smoothening it.
However, different applications of the HDPE root barriers offer distinct advantages. Here are some of the most significant ones. Know them and place an order with your nearest HDPE root barrier suppliers to protect your property.
Different Benefits of HDPE
Just as its different uses, the HDPE root barriers also offer a wide range of benefits. Some of the major advantages of using them are:
- High resistivity – One of the significant benefits gained while using the HDPE root barriers is its high resistance against fatigue or stress. This is mainly due to its adaptive nature and increased flexibility.
- Rust and corrosion resistant – Most other materials will be subject to rust and corrosion due to the moisture in the soil. However, HDPE is resistant to them and, therefore, can be used for different applications.
- Durability – The physical and chemical properties of HDPE make them highly durable. Therefore, these can last long without problems in diverse application settings. Moreover, today, HDPE root barrier manufacturers apply specific coating on their surfaces to make them even more long-lasting.
- Cost-effectiveness – The HDPE root barriers are a pretty cost-effective solution. This is mainly due to their long-lasting ability, eliminating the need to replace them even after several years. It also saves a lot of money for the homeowners and landscapers not needing to repair them frequently.
- Easy to install – These root barriers are easy to install. Whether you install them near buildings, rivers, lakes, or any other development-oriented projects, you can use trenchless technology. Installing these root barriers will not disrupt daily routines and activities in those areas.
- Unmatched protection – HDPE’s physical and chemical properties enhance its strength, making these root barriers ideal for protecting structures and preventing costly damage and structural issues caused by unregulated root growth.
- Aesthetics preservation – With no damage caused internally and underground, these root barriers indirectly help preserve the aesthetics of structures and exterior landscapes. These barriers do not cause any harm to the plants. They simply redirect the growth of the root so that it does not reach the sensitive areas.
- Promotes a healthy ecosystem – HDPE material is environmentally friendly. No toxic materials are used in its composition, which may mix with the soil and cause harm to the ecosystem.
- Promotes plant health and root containment – In some root barriers, specific sections allow water and nutrients from the soil to permeate but in a controlled way. As a result, it promotes the health of the tree and, at the same time, ensures root growth does not cause any damage to the nearby underground utilities and the foundations of the structures.
Invest in the High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) root barriers for any landscaping project if you want a cost-effective solution. These barriers will ensure the foundation of your building and the underground utilities are well protected against damage. You will not need to replace these barriers, nor will you have to repair or maintain them frequently or extensively. Therefore, a one-time investment will provide you with a higher ROI.
You will gain a diverse set of benefits right from installation to retention of the beauty of your landscape. The most significant advantage of using the HDPE rot barriers is that it will help you contribute to nature. The environmentally friendly product and non-toxic components will not cause any harm to the plant and animal life in the vicinity.