Have you ever seen a particular place guarded by tapes to prevent any danger? Those tapes are nothing but the warning tapes, also called caution tapes or barricade tapes that the Police or the social Workers put up.
Warning Tape Uses
The warning tapes are generally used to give out a trigger warning of the danger in a particular place. It is forbidden for any workers, labourers, or ordinary people to go near a hazardous place. These tapes are usually very bright, and they can catch the attention of the passerby. Each of these colours of the tapes has different indications, which we will discuss later in this article.
Materials of Warning Tapes
The warning tapes are generally made of HDPE sheets, LDPE sheets, and PP Sheets. According to the Warning tape manufacturers, these cautions tapes have an excellent low-temperature resistance factor. These tapes are also torn-proof, durable, resistant, and noticeably thick.
The materials used to make the warning types nowadays are nylon, polyethylene, or polypropylene.
What are Types of Warning Tapes?
As we have deduced from this article, barricade tapes or warning tapes are crucial for the rescue team, and researchers have pointed out that disasters will increase in the current decade. Hence we can all say that the importance of warning tapes has considerably increased and will keep on increasing over the year. For this reason, we need to educate ourselves about the different types of tapes available in the market.
- Construction Tape is the type of tape you will generally find around unfinished construction sites.
- Hazard Tapes/ Caution Tapes are used to indicate natural and unnatural hazard spots` like volcano-affected areas.
- Traffic Control Device Tape is used when highway construction is in progress and the road is dark. This fluorescent tape illuminates the road and avoids accidents by giving the drivers trigger warnings about the construction.
- Police Tape or Law Enforcement Tape- Any area the law enforcement committee feels is necessary to contain can put these warning tapes over there like any area where a murder has taken place.
- Firefighter Tape- Any place where there has been an accidental fire has these tapes. The firefighters generally use these tapes to keep civilians away from their work zone.
These are the types of warning tapes that are used to mark different hazards and contain people.
Colour Coding of Warning Tape
The warning tapes have a generic colour coding, and hence the warning tape manufacturers always use those colour codings while manufacturing these tapes. The colour code can be understood by using the following guide.
- Red- associated with fire or danger in general and also stop signs.
- Orange- These are warnings
- Yellow- Indicates caution.
- Green- indicates a location where safety instruments are stocked.
- Blue-blue barricade tapes are for deducing information from those signs.
These are all the colours that are used as codes to indicate various things.
Functions of Warning Tape
Besides all these technical details about warning tapes, we also have to ensure we use them. Hence, here is detailed information about the warning tape’s functions and benefits.
- Safety – These warning tapes are extensively used in disaster-prone areas to ensure the public’s safety. These warning tapes are used primarily in areas where public intervention is high.
- Stopping the flow- As mentioned earlier, these warning tapes are used in places where there is more human intervention. Hence, these warning tapes are used in those areas to keep people away from accidents and generally break the flow.
- Health Constraints- in accident-prone areas or in areas where high radiation wastes, hazardous to health, are being exposed, those areas are closed with the help of these warning tapes.
- Non-toxic- these tapes are non-toxic to animals and also to humans. Therefore, these tapes can be easily used without polluting the environment.
These functions of the warning tape make it an essential tool in today’s world for the disaster management team as well as any other social worker.
Future of Warning Tape
Now we understand that Warning tapes are a necessary product in today’s world. Therefore, we can analyze its future as follows:
- An increase in urbanization will lead to the increasing need for warning tapes.
- With increasing environmental hazards every year, the warning tapes are becoming more and more critical.
- With traffic congestion increasing, the importance of warning tapes has also increased.
- Technological advancement and advancement of modern machinery have also led to the need to make people aware of the dangers associated with them, and warning tapes are the only mode to do it.
- These tapes are flexible and cater to a wide variety of choices. Therefore, they will be very useful in the future.
By these, we can understand that these warning tapes will be very significant in the future.
Advantages of Warning Tape
The advantages of using caution tapes can be stated as follows:
- Their caution tapes can be used to make people understand the intensity of the danger.
- These tapes help in improving the visibility of the danger.
- These tapes are non-toxic to humans and animals.
- These are environmentally friendly.
- These tapes are bright in colour, and the text indicates the type of danger.
All these advantages are crucial to making the warning tapes a very important tool in the disaster management squad.
Warning Tape Manufacturing in India
The Warning tape manufacturers manufacture their products with very great caution and care. It holds the right amount of thickness, the correct colour coding, and the instruction. Great care is being given to make the distinguished colour coding as they are the most crucial feature of the warning tape.
This article gives detailed information about the warning tapes. The importance of the warning tapes in recent times is havoc, and we have tried to pass on the information to you. The colour codings and features are well-researched information.
We can also make warning tapes for UAE Dubai