Selecting the appropriate HDPE plastic bags from the wide array of choices available can be a somewhat challenging task. This is primarily due to the fact that plastic bags are crafted from various materials, each imparting specific characteristics to its users. These bags come in diverse colors and shapes and are ubiquitous in both industrial and everyday settings, significantly facilitating people’s lives. Among these plastic bags, PE bags, also known as Polyethylene bags, hold a prominent position, finding extensive use in various aspects of packaging.
Within the market, one encounters several versions of poly bags. This content, however, aims to provide insights into a popular variant: high-density Polyethylene bags, or HDPE bags. These bags, designed with a high density, are tailor-made for packaging hefty items in industries such as activated carbon, animal feed, pet food, fertilizers, and more. An illustrious player in this domain is Singhal Industries Pvt. Ltd., an Indian company that supplies HDPE plastic bags on a global scale.
Although HDPE plastic bags are commonplace in both industrial production and daily life, many individuals remain unaware of the materials used to craft these bags and their safety, particularly when utilized for storing food. Should you seek clarity on this matter, we are here to address your questions comprehensively. The acronym “HDPE” stands for High-Density Polyethylene, a material frequently employed in industries to manufacture HDPE bags. These bags, sometimes referred to as HD bags or foam bags, stand out due to their unique structure stemming from their heavy-duty PE plastic composition.
High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) is one of the most commonly used plastics worldwide, boasting a range of qualities that render it ideal for crafting plastic bags. Furthermore, HDPE bags adhere to the food handling guidelines set by the FDA and USDA, rendering them a favored choice for packaging and preserving food in retail and take-out scenarios. You encounter these bags in grocery stores, convenience stores, eateries, and homes, where they serve various packaging and storage purposes. Notably, HDPE bags also find utility as laundry bags, T-shirt bags, utility bags, trash bags, and more, showcasing their versatility.
High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
HDPE plastic bags are a kind of bag which are usually utilized for production and in life. However, most individuals are unaware of the materials the HDPE bags are produced from and how safe they are, particularly when people use them for food storage. If you are also thinking about this, the following information shall clarify your query more clearly. HDPE implies that High-Density Polyethylene is a grain used in industries to produce HDPE bags. These bags are often referred to as HD bags and foam bags. In simple words, HDPE bags are PE bags, also known as HDPE woven bags yet arrive in a distinctive form as it is manufactured from heavy-duty PE plastic.
HDPE sack is one of the most common and widely utilized plastics globally, featuring a number of qualities that make it an excellent material for producing plastic bags. Additionally, HDPE bags satisfy the FDA and USDA food handling instructions, making them a favorite pick for serving and storing food in retail and take-out. You'll come across plastic bags in delis, grocery stores, convenience stores, restaurants, and often in the household for packaging and storing purposes. People also use HDPE for laundry bags, T-shirt bags, utility bags and garbage bags, and so forth.
HDPE is Typically Produced by Using Two Distinct Ways:
- Gas-Phase Polymerization: Monomers Polymerization in the vaporized monomer form, polymer particles, and fluidized catalyst in a Fluidized Bed Reactor.
- Slurry Polymerization: Monomers Polymerization in the form of scattered monomer particles.
Heavy Duty Polythene Bag Types
Substantially, you’ll come across four significant bag kinds produced out of PE constituents, favorite products found in most industries. Here are those four kinds of HDPE Plastic bags:
- Valve Bags or High-Density Polyethylene Bags featuring Valve Mouth: Valve Bag is a kind of High-Density Polyethylene sack that got its title because of its valve opening present on the Bag's top. Immediately after you fill up this sack, the internal pressure coming from the sack seals the valve so as to avert the product from overflowing. Due to the self-sealing characteristic, it minimizes the labor usually you’ll need for filling and closing an open mouth bag. Such bag types are primarily used for packing powder products like cement, activated carbon, flour, etc.
- Normal High-Density Polythene Bags highlighting heat-seal openings: Normal High-Density Polythene Bags featuring heat-seal openings are a PE bag type that one may use for animal feed, polyester resin, fertilizers, and so on. This is one of the famous HDPE bags with a sealing application that can avert almost all contaminants from getting into the sack. Moreover, the film prepared for such functions are well built and robust over regular bags.
- High-Density Polyethene Bags featuring Side Gussets: This characteristic is also referred to as side fold. In such bag types, the side gussets will enlarge when you fill the package with products permitting a perfect shape for retailing, palletizing, and filling. The side gussets are very useful because they give the bag a sense of charm and further increase its capacity to hold comparably more materials.
- Square Bottom High-Density Polyethene Bags featuring heat-seal mouth: As the title suggests, this kind of HDPE Bags highlights a square layout towards the sack's end. This design lends to the bag’s storage such that the sack can heap up effortlessly plus hold up in the storeroom, thereby saving enough storage space. Furthermore, it minimizes the bag's contact area with the floor, which to a degree, lowers the possibility of perforation by sharp items. Such bag types are created especially for items that need to hold up rather than of.
While searching for High-Density Polyethylene Bags, chemical resistance, tear, puncture, and water resistance are the notable characteristics you require to consider. The given features are essential for a high-density sack. Yet, you may expect various other personalization from the HDPE bags considering the particular storage requirements of specific products. For instance, few agricultural commodities need UV-free surroundings where you may include some additional film layers, thereby making your sack UV resistant. Moreover, ensure getting these bags from a reliable supplier and manufacturer of HDPE sacks.
Features of HDPE Bags
High-Density Plastic Bags possess a powerful resistance characteristic in the plastic matter, turning them the favored pick for various packaging solutions like grocery bags, laundry, garbage, plastic, and so on. Because of their high impact power guarantees that the goods will stay inside shielded and in good condition, and this makes HDPE bags ideal for multiple industries in place of just one.
Furthermore, these bags exhibit the same features as the LDPE or Low-Density Polyethylene bags as both the sacks are produced using Polyethylene materials. Nevertheless, the only difference that differentiates HDPE from LDPE is that the former is polymerized from high-density Polyethylene under proportionately low pressure along with Catalyst, Silicon, / Chromium. A few of the fundamental features of the HDPE bags comprise:
- Chemical-resistant, light-weight
- Lower production expenses
- High transparency and gloss surface
- Industrial grade, USDA, NSF, and FDA- approved
- Non-toxic, safe
- Largely durable
- Water resistant yet low air permeability
- Extreme surface smoothness
- Better hardness over other plastic sacks
- Higher flexibility turning it malleable and thus can be effortlessly molded into different sizes and shapes.
- Produces rustling sound on rubbing
- Quickly gets wrinkles and creases on folding bags
Resistant against grease, diluted acids, alcohols, alkalis, and liquids like water
Various Factors (Advantages) Influencing HDPE Bags
Following are the various factors that influence HDPE Bags manufacture:
- Non-Skid Strips: Most Plastic bags include non-skid strips feature for enhancing surface abrasion such that the sacks can hold up more undeviatingly, thereby saving enough storage space at the time of transportation. HDPE Plastic bags are important for storing fertilizers, and thus such fertilizer bags are utilized several times by gardeners and farmers. Thus, for ensuring a secure pile of fertilizer, its non-skid strips work to maintain each sack in this storeroom.
- Moisture: Moisture is the problem that causes much trouble for the entire supply chain, from end users to fertilizer producers, because of the complicated humidity state in various locations. The requirement of high boundary packaging is crucial for protecting your products. Usually, the packaging constituent for fertilizers is produced from PE or Polyethylene, which acts as a solid barrier that averts moisture from getting into the HDPE Bags. Moreover, the implementation of threefold co-extrusion technology has enhanced the moisture resistance potentiality by including additional plastic film layers in these bags.
- Temperature: While transporting goods from one place to another, they’ll go through multiple environment series from humid to dry, from hot to cold, and many more. Alteration in temperature is among the fundamental PE film properties, which indicates that it’ll solidify in lower temperature habitats where the possibility of deterioration will increase. Likewise, in higher temperature conditions, the plastic film shall soften after exposure to heat. So, both the outcomes bring up a negative effect on the functioning of the sack. Thus, adjustments are made while producing PE films as per the temperature conditions.
- Degassing Valve: It is a convenient design, particularly for agricultural commodities like feed additives, animal feed, fertilizers, soil, grass seeds, a few plastic particles, and so on. The cause is obvious that such things are presumably to create gases at the time of transportation. This degassing valve permits gas from seeds, fertilizers, or trapped air to break out of the bag so that the sack doesn't enlarge in the transportation course. It can, in turn, be threatening during transportation in case the HDPE bags puff up. Thus, it is crucial to have a degassing valve to avert such issues from taking place mainly in the stage of transportation.
Various Uses (Applications) of HDPE Bags
Are you searching for particular kinds of poly tubing racks, Polyethylene sacks, or something more certain? If Yes, then make sure to get good quality and durable HDPE Bags from the best industry, which also follow all the regulations of the state’s concerned government body. As discussed earlier, people commonly use these bags in several areas of life and production, and one can quickly locate them anywhere like:
- Packaging/ serving/ food handling bags
- Biogas bags for agricultural purposes
- Convenience bags
- Medical Equipment sacks
- Laundry bags
- Garbage bags
- Tshirt bags
- Garment packaging
- Market bags
Singhal Industries Pvt. Ltd. HDPE Bags are customized products, and we manufacture the same as per customer requirements.
- Bag size - As per customer requirement
- Liner Bag- As per customer requirement
- Lamination - As per customer requirement
- Print or Plain - As per customer requirement
We are a manufacturer, so we deal in bulk quantity. Please specify the total quantity of the bags when you have a requirement.